Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Today, I Have Abundance

 "God, can I go to an expensive school far away?"

 "Yes, my child. Not through the miraculous million dollar scholarship you dreamed of, but through many small miracles, like summer jobs and the exact amount of money in the account every semester."


 "God, can this school be a place where I find many friends?"

  "Not many. Only a few that will come and go."


 "God, I want to write stories."

 "And today, you shall." 


"God, I have always desired this one specific thing, too precious to name. Can I please have it?"

 And He is silent. 



There are things in my life that God has not given me and may never give me. But today, I will focus on His yes.

 Lately, through many different aspects of my life, God has been telling me to actually begin writing what I hope will become a novel. Even as I start, I have only gotten more encouragement.

 This was my encouragement today:







 My friend didn't know the story I am writing has a theme of sea glass. She didn't know that I need a notebook to journal about my characters, plot, and themes.

 So today I have:

 A merciful God who despite my sin chose me as one of His children and sent His son to die for me.

 A loving God that has given me an opportunity to study at school.

 A kind God who will never leave me though friends come and go.

 A sovereign God  I can trust with answers to questions I do not yet need to know.

 A creative God who at least for now, wants me to write.

Through Him, today, I have abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment