Monday, February 2, 2015

Overwhelmed


Jungle, Forest, Trees, Green, Nature


"I delight myself in You
Captivated by Your beauty,
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You"
                    ~ Overwhelmed, Big Daddy Weave
   
  The first time I heard the song Overwhelmed by Big Daddy Weave, I was excited. Yes, I thought, I am so overwhelmed with school and situations and life. I praised God for the much needed words of wisdom soon to be sung about how to stay at peace throughout life's craziness. 
  

 But instead, my ears heard a tune that simply praised God for all of the glorious things He has done. The singer wasn't overwhelmed by his situation, but was overwhelmed and in awe of God.
 

 And in my heart, I was disappointed. I wanted help with handling my crazy schedule. I wanted advice about how to have peace and joy through all circumstances. They had the wrong idea of being overwhelmed.
 

 Then I listened to the song again, but truly listened. Instead of being overwhelmed with my situation, I need to be overwhelmed with God. I need to be amazed at His creation before me. I should be flabbergasted at Jesus' death on the cross for me. For when I am overwhelmed by His presence, I am not overwhelmed with trivial things like school or my current situation in life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment